Wednesday, February 10, 2010

groundhogs day is a sad day.

Thank god I was not stuck in this day for 7+ years. Cause from start to finish it could not have been more bland with social interaction or school. All I thought about every hour was repeatedly how boring "I" was with neutral thoughts and my mellow mood continued the feeling on this gloomy day. I woke up, the sound of a rooster chirping away on my phones alarm, dry mouth, pain in my lower back from passing out on my lovesac int the living room. I migrated over to my cabinet where I popped my "popeye the sailor's spinach" pill, adderall, and managed to get into the shower. The shower was the highlight of the whole day. Thoughts raced and desires grew for things I hoped to achieve one day. I always find myself staring at myself in the mirror for some reason. I do it for a good five minutes somedays examining my defects and studying how I truly physically look. Dressing wasnt a challenge as today I was flowing casual with a pair of jeans and a t-shirt under a hoody from my school.

School started with a 8am grueling material science lab. For two hours I worked with metals on different machines testing different strengths and properties. This is the stuff I do enjoy learning about. Next was Calculus Who wouldnt love learning about derivatives and limits of a function? I was drooling, eyes half open, by the end of the fifty minute class. My last afternoon class is always the worst for me, Material Science lecture. By golly, I dont know how you can take such a fascinating subject and make half the class of 134 fall asleep. I counted 48 kids sleeping simultaneously one day. I managed to stay awake writing and taking notes constantly.

Going home and relaxing with a nice bowl of shisha in my hookah with my roommate was relaxing and calm. Smoke rings are coming easier and easier. Suddenly its time for work at 5 and I run out the door to snap into my car managing (as usual) to clock in under nine minutes from stepping out my front door a mile and a half away. After passing out scripts and counting pills for four hours I finally returned home and popped in Transformers on my home theater and let the sound effects take me to another place. Time to pass out and cap off my groundhogs day 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment