Monday, March 22, 2010

Alice in 3D

Did anyone else notice how in Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland, That most of the names and a few words were spoken in the language of dreams. I have been infatuated with discovering meaning and reasons for what ideals we speak of everyday in class. Unfortunately like in my dreams, I can never remember the words or names to recall on them but only the vision of the person saying the word. The movie really continued on the entire theme and idea of the original book by Lewis Carroll and the previous Walt Disnified version.

2 comments:

  1. I noticed it alot. I loved the film. Your right, it really caught the dream like quality of Carrol's writing, and how the imagination holds the key to reality in a way. I'm really glad I read the poem on killing the Jabberwocky before the film so i knew what was going on.

    "Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes absolutely! i would love to be able to find more stuff on the internet with this film so understanding these dream terminology would not be so complex and missed

    ReplyDelete